Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Our bookworm taking flight!

It felt like an odd morning today. No, not that fact that we are deep into meat processing (more on that later possibly), but the fact that I was at home puttering around the house (cleaning, baking, cooking, laundry) and it was almost as if Kali wasn't at home. I don't think I heard a peep out of her at all for well over an hour at one point. She is quickly becoming a bookworm. It's fun to see her enjoying reading so much (though she still won't read to me except at a very rare moment when she does it without thinking about it).

She had a wonderful time in WV. We were there for Thanksgiving with my folks and the best surprise of all was SNOW! Enough for sledding and making snow people. I wouldn't normally describe Kali as super adventurous but she loves sledding and went airborne twice. The second trip down the steep slope and over the bank ended with a few tears until she got over the shock of how fast she went and how hard she hit. But it didn't scare her too badly as she has been asking for a runner sled for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment