Friday, April 9, 2010

Springtime

Some days I think I live in paradise - and after a week like this one just passed I just wish I could spend more time there! The comparison between walking up our front walk in the evening and walking into the database training room I've spent the last three days is a hard one to make. The combination of the light on the mountain, the colors bursting forth and the cool evening breeze was almost too much to take in!

Kali and I went down to see the recent garden plantings - peas, broccoli, onions, etc... We stopped by Nora's garden and I was shocked to see both the beautiful flowers and plants that had sprung up and the weeds. I wanted to get my hands in the dirt and around the tender plants that had been put in the ground with and for us by friends and family and free them from being shaded out by the weeds. Kali and I filled a wheelbarrow full before I needed to wait for Jason to be by my side to make sure I wasn't composting plants intended for the garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment