Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Carseat success...

While I have a list of things that are "blog worthy" accumulating, it seems that the time to type with two hands is quite limited these days so most things will need to wait just a bit longer.

But there is one thing that must be noted about today!! As I drove home with Kali and Alida from the grocery store (yes, that's right, Alida had her first grocery store experience, which she slept through!), I counted up the number of times I took Alida in and out of her carseat today. SEVEN!!

That is not what is so noteworthy though. What must be noted is that those seven transitions and the accompanying car rides all happened with ZERO tears, screams, cries! While she fell asleep most times, she even woke a time or two in her seat and stayed calm... So maybe as we build on these good car experiences, my anxiety about car trips will lessen!!

I guess she is growing up. And growing she is definitely doing. Today she was weighed and she has gained a full FOUR pounds in her short five weeks of life. She now weighs in at 11 pounds 13 ounces and is about 22 inches long.

Here she is with her favorite person (except I get that label when she is hungry!):

No comments:

Post a Comment