Monday, May 16, 2011

This too shall pass...but hopefully not all of it!

As I type Kali is folding diapers AND entertaining Alida on our bed. It seems our family has been plagued with some kind of stomach bug which manifested as Kali throwing up once last evening and seeming fine before and after and Alida just throwing up today and seeming fine before and after. Jason and I have probably felt the worst and I'm certainly looking forward to feeling better and enjoying the thought of food again. I also feel like I've been using the washer nonstop in the last few days between washing the thrown up on futon cover and Alida's diapers and other soiled things. I've even used the dryer... Today Kali heard it ding and piped up, "I can get them for you since I'm the healthiest one in the house." And get them she did, followed by the offer to fold them which she also did. She is now multi-tasking - entertaining Alida who is cooing right back to her while Kali explains to her her different colored wipes. So I look forward to feeling better, but I hope Kali's assertion that she is going to do this again and that we might have a housemaid lasts a bit longer. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment