Thursday, September 29, 2011

Where was she when I was in eighth grade?

Kali wrote a poem today:

The sun is first, shining and bright
Then there is mercury, hot with its light
Venus is hotter, but next on the chain
Earth is the only one with Africa or Maine.
Mars comes next, with caverns below
There is an asteroid belt, escapes seem to glow
Then there is Jupiter with its big, red spot
And Saturn, which doesn't seem to have a dot.
Far out Uranus, how little we know!
Then there is Neptune with winds; how fast they blow!
Poor little Pluto, he just seems to moan
We'd call him a planet, if only we'd known.

I believe she is going to take after her father in the poetry realm!!! I am still scarred by my "C" received for my 8th grade poem written about my cat Pepper.

1 comment:

  1. It's rather exciting to go flying through space with Kali. "My Notes:" I really like thinking about the planets on a chain. I also think that the caverns on Mars are very inviting--makes me wonder what's in them. There is something about the rejected Pluto that is very sad . . . makes me think about Shakespeare with that late turn in mood. :)

    ReplyDelete