Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Berry update

Somehow even the berries are getting ahead of me.  Blueberry season came and went before I even got around to posting this video of Alida picking her first blueberries.



Kali, Alida and I went on one black raspberry scouting mission but came home with lots of empty containers. At least where we often find them, there were only enough to pass a few back to Alida in the backpack.  The wineberries are in in full force and we enjoyed spending the evening of July 4th with good friends picking many cupfuls which are now stored in the freezer for a time when the fresh stuff is not so plentiful.  We are enjoying the few along our lane and the blackberries are also starting to come in.  I'm finding that I'm starting to acquire a taste for their tartness and Alida usually pops them in her mouth, unless she is in a squishing mood instead (her clothes show that she is enjoying the colorful foods all around us).

All the berries seem to be coming in early this year and the seasons come and go faster than I remember.  Is it the heat or is it that the days are just full and flying by faster than I would like?  Maybe a combination of both.

No comments:

Post a Comment