Sunday, September 8, 2013

Quick update!

Let's see if I can do a blog post in the time it takes Alida to go potty and get her teeth brushed!

I needed to share visual proof of our "laundry lady" at work, and her apprentice.
 

A few other quick snippets:
 
I needed visual proof too that I've been chopping a lot of veggies! 
This is where I found Alida when I got home from work the other day - unsupervised because...
This is where I found Jason - looking at cars (not because he really enjoys that activity but because we are trying to be proactive!)
This is why she may need a little supervision!  Kali is the one that noticed and sounded the alarm!
Here's proof of our sabbath day activity - a hike to the lake with Jonathan and Rachelle! 
 
 

Fun times and beautiful colors to soak in. A good way to end a week and prepare for the next!
Well, teeth brushing is just beginning so I made it!  Not exactly the most thoughtful post but it is what time allows for tonight.  I should note, in case anyone else is thinking of trying it, that canning pureed amaranth is not something I'll repeat very soon.  It has to be pressure canned for 70 minutes and the longer it went the more the house smelled of amaranth.  That wasn't a bad smell but didn't seem all that positive. Let's just say that all the pints sealed but they now hold a generous cup of amaranth rather than a scant two cups.  Much of the liquid juiced out.  It is not the most beautiful canned good on the shelf. I'm much more proud of the many quarts of ratatouille that joined the expanding array of colors this weekend.  That and the peach jam which Kali and Alida helped to make from peaches off our tree! 

No comments:

Post a Comment