Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Spark...no April Fool's joke!


The blog posts written over the past several months have all been true to our lived experience but they have left out a major component of recent weeks.  We are now ready to share that aspect of our lives: we are expecting a baby to join our family in October and are super excited about it.  The excitement will rise even more for the one of us carrying this little one when what I call the "Spark-scuzzies" subside.  I'm hopeful we are moving in the right direction but this little baby is wanting to make his/her mark on the world (at least my world) right from the start!

As we enjoy the new life springing forth all around us, we are thinking often about the newest member of our family (now the size of a lime) and hoping he/she is off to a good start.  If kisses help, Spark should be doing just fine.  The girls often give me a bedtime hug and kiss and also give one to Spark.  Alida is often spontaneously squeezing and kissing my midsection.  Very sweet!  They have also been incredibly gracious with me and my tendency to completely crash in the evenings, or other random times during the day.  With the spring farm work ramping up, I'm getting eager for the energy that has typically returned to me during the second trimester. I also know that each baby and each pregnancy is different so I will take it as it comes.  From now on out you can pretty well assume most blog posts will include some kind of baby update! Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment