Monday, March 7, 2016

Flowers blooming, trees coming down...

Thanks to spring break at EMU this week, I'm not heading into the office but instead working from home.  And since I've been working more hours than I need to be, I'm working a bit less this week to free Jason to enjoy the warmth outside and make headway on some spring projects.

I went out today to check out the project Jason and Kali were working on, and enjoyed the little purple iris blooming along the front walk.  I love watching the world around us become a beautiful array of colors again!

Kali was getting some practice with her ax today as Jason was taking down trees that had the potential to compromise our drain field. Some of them were pretty painful trees to cut down - healthy trees we'd love to keep but it was not worth it to think of needing to pay for expensive drain field repairs due to their roots getting into the pipes or drain lines.  So we will be grateful for firewood and some lumber of the trees, but still feel sad to take them down.

And, for anyone not following my limited facebook activity, here is what Terah thought of Alida saying "hi" to her at lunch today.  Silly gal!


No comments:

Post a Comment