Saturday, May 14, 2016

Alida update, featuring soccer!

So my "things to put on the blog" list is enough to keep my busy for quite some time. So I'm going to break it down into manageable bites, starting with a "scrapbook page" for each kiddo!  Since the feature of Alida's posting is the freshest news, I'll start with hers. And maybe also because she likes to go first as much as possible, and the reality is that some days right now I don't feel like she gets as much attention as I wish I could lavish upon her.

Kali's soccer game was cancelled (again) due to fields still being too wet, but Alida's was not. So Terah and I got to see Alida play this season for the first time at her game this morning.  What is it about watching my kids out there on the field - I always get a bit choked up.  Alida clearly loves it and seems so at home with herself out there on the field.  She was pleased to have scored four goals today.  She seems a bit more concerned than most about keeping track of the score, but I was thrilled to see her cheer when the other team scored a goal too. And she had many attempts that didn't get in the goal and that didn't seem to bother her in the least.  Here's one of her successful goals:



I think maybe she didn't get quite enough of it, as I am pretty sure the thumping coming from the front room is her reenacting a soccer game.  Jason seems to be enjoying himself coaching as well and the kids seem to be thriving and having a grand time.  It was a lovely morning and Terah was quite entertained by it all.  She liked when Alida was subbed out and came over to give her five.

Alida seemed so grown up out there. And there are other signs of her continued growth and development. The other night when I was brushing her teeth she told me her front tooth hurt. I was suspicious!  Sure enough, it wiggles...  So she currently has two loose teeth. Just as Terah's two bottom teeth are through enough for all to see, Alida may have a hole in the same spot.

A highlight of the last few weeks is having a playmate around. The couple using my parents' place for a few weeks in their absence, have a four year old son. The path between the upstairs and downstairs is getting a lot of foot traffic!  I think it is fun for her to have her own playmate and someone she is older than, since much of her playtime is with Kali and older friends.  I'm glad that Grandma and Grandpa come for a stint in their place the day after her friend leaves or we might be in for some major "playmate withdrawal."

Well, that's the top news in Alida's world, I think (though she might add something if asked).  She's pretty excited about the strawberries ripening outside, which is a good segway to Terah's post...

No comments:

Post a Comment