Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Not sure what or who is growing fastest!

Ok, here's another one for you, Aunt Karen (and any other Terah-video fans out there). She's playing her new favorite game - which I think she may have first invented with Grandma and Grandpa Myers: "Stand up...Sit down..." The problem is that now she is getting so good balancing that she has to kind of make herself plop down half the time.



She is getting harder and harder to keep "out of trouble." I love having her in the kitchen with me but she seldom is content in her doorway jumper for more than a minute, in the backpack for more than about two minutes and her circle seat for more than five. She wants to be getting around, and she's getting fast at it too. She wants to open drawers and I'm not looking forward to the first finger pinch. So far I've been creative enough to delay the inevitable. Pictured here was how I got the onions chopped for our lambsquarter saute. And, yes, Jason and I enjoyed it even after she had trampled on it!

The rest of the pictures are from my short walk around with Terah last night. The older girls were at a sleepover and while, we miss them dearly when they are gone, I was happy for the space it opened up to hang out with just Terah (we even read some stories before bed!).  Anyway, Terah is now awake and about to get into mischief so I'll let the pictures speak mostly for themselves!
Have the first crock of dill pickles fermenting - the excitement about cucumbers is palpable in this house! 
I think this is one of Terah's favorite berries - good we have loads of them coming ripe...and, my what a mess they make!
Beauty in Nora's garden!
Mouths watering...
Hmmm, I think we'll have enough carrot seed!
Good to see chickens out roaming again - until the foxes realize we are risking it again!
Scything done...let the mulching commence! The corn is happy!
Anise hyssop - one of my favorite plants right now.
Ok, I'm really out of time! Let me end by saying how thrilled I am to watch our girls excitement as the growing season gets fully underway. Alida is checking her tomatoes several times a day!

1 comment: