Sunday, February 25, 2018

Our budding photographer and videographer!

I just downloaded photos/videos and my goodness Terah has been busy! Our camera is a new found love of hers. And I've gotten to the point of not being sure it is worth the fight to keep her from ever using it. So we rubber-band or safety pin the strap to make it smaller  and less likely to fall off her shoulders and then entrust her with it as she traipses around the house snapping photos to her heart's content. She was belly laughing as we went through all her crazy shots, until she realized she would prefer to be the one holding the laptop and operating the buttons for the pictures. Then we were arguing about her other love - my work computer. Sigh! That and phones... My these devices are addicting!

Anyway, I deleted probably well over 100 photos and many videos as well. But I thought some of you might enjoy getting a glimpse into what she decided to snap on her explorations with camera in hand! Here's a little video of her sisters and then what follows are a few of my favorite pictures:

When she is not pursuing her passions for photography, she is also working on her budding musical talents. I'll just go ahead and let you in on what her original composition performed here is about. One of our favorite Terah mispronunciations is how she says "chameleon." You will have many chances to hear it repeated in this song!

Finally, one of her other passions in life is being a cousin to Ivy! It's fun to see them getting to the age where they can enjoy each other's company - the flip side, of course, is that they are now often interested in the same toys (we are working on inspiring our 2 year old to discover the joy of sharing!). Speaking of Ivy, Terah is off with the older girls for a play date down the road. Exciting times (for kids and parents alike)!

I'll end this with one of my favorite Terah vignettes of late. The other night the two older girls were at a sleepover. Jason and I took advantage of the relative simplicity of our lives with just one kiddo under roof (and, after all, it was Valentine's day), to play a round of Upwords. After I had beaten Jason soundly at the game, which meant we were all still in good moods, Terah was having fun with the little letter tiles. "Fun" means she was pushing them all off the table onto the floor and, as she did, saying, "Oopsie...oopsie." I jokingly said to her, "I don't think that's the right word for it." Without missing a beat she said, "Purpose" as more made their way to the floor. That gal doesn't miss much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment