Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Pittsburgh Visit (Kali writing)

Here (at last, sorry for the delay) are some photos of my trip to Pittsburgh (Nov 21-Dec 4)! Of course, photos can't truly capture everything about the trip, but hopefully they can at least begin to give a picture (so to speak) of it. 

Saying goodbye...






And here we are (me with my Aunt Christie and Uncle Mark)!

This is my room/the library, containing 439+ books at the time I was there.
And here I am, reading one of the 439+ books!

Here are some Thanksgiving photos:
I did have flashbacks to being Miss Bingley while wearing this outfit...
...but I wasn't too fancy to help with Thanksgiving dinner (at least not while wearing an apron)...
...and I didn't hold myself to Miss Bingley's standards of propriety for the entire evening...
...let alone for the entire visit.
We took a lot of walks around Pittsburgh, of which this is one...
...and this is another! (Pittsburgh has many public staircases, some of which are listed as city streets!) 
I got to decorate for Christmas twice this year!
This may or may not actually be a photo of us Googling animal nose information or watching videos of things in vacuum chambers, but it easily could have been if it isn't. 

I am usually aware of the fact that I am not an article of clothing, but for some reason I seem to have forgotten that a few times...
I am here, though I kind of blend in with the surroundings...
Eating waffles!
Stuffed bananas! They were delicious (surprisingly or not surprisingly, depending on your level of dubiousness towards stuffed bananas.)
Stuffed bananas along with cucumber curry and curried cauliflower

My visit also involved some painting:
This is not a stuffed banana (and probably
less delicious, though I didn't actually
taste it so I guess I can't really say...)
One of these was eaten shortly after this photoshoot...


And it SNOWED!
Apparently the snow angel I'm making is flying away with me!
I would have liked to be up near the top of this picture (or in another tree nearby; I'm not actually sure which tree this is)...
...but sadly, snow makes tree branches slippery.
We also unexpectedly ended up doing some attic insulation. (In this photo I'm regretting not having worn a coat.)
I didn't actually spray in any of the insulation, but I did take a peek into the attic!
Introducing...
Snowy Personeus!
Who unfortunately did not survive long after my departure (but has since been reincarnated!)
And finally, here is the other Kali, going home.
(Apparently she has an easier time sleeping in the car than I do!)

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I vote for more guest posts from Kali in the future! :-)

    ReplyDelete