Sunday, August 16, 2009

Corn freezing day





















I'm cheating on this one a bit. The few of you checking in on this blog, will likely realize that I'm posting something that is now over a week old! I've been thinking about it for a week...

Last Saturday was another one of my "ideal days." Up early and out for a walk. Making pickles with a friend in the morning and then our now annual corn processing with wonderful friends. The combination of hard work, food processing and storing up for the coming year, being with good friends and watching our girls enjoy each other's company and celebrate another year of life together made me feel like bursting once again!

It isn't as if every day is like this. But it does feel like we have had our share lately of moments that combine a good number of things that help me feel like I am living fully - special friendships that have sustained us for years, soaking in the season and the colors and the variety of foods coming in to our home from right around us, the pantry that had shelves of empty jars slowly filling up with colors and tastes that will be so appreciated coming January...

No comments:

Post a Comment