Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Last evening, I came home from a long and particularly difficult day in the office. As soon as I could, I headed out with large bowls to harvest the first lambs quarter of the year. Very satisfying... The first 5 10oz containers are tucked in the freezer, with many more to come.


We are back to our "use all our daylight and eat dinner after dark" schedule and sat down to a very green meal around 9:30pm. Fresh asparagus from our neighbors, sauteed mustard greens from our garden, and homemade lambs quarter pasta. It seems that my insides must have been smiling.

Everything is just bursting. These purple irises along our walk are particularly striking to me this Spring. It's a good thing Kali still likes purple (though, believe it or not, red is back in the "acceptable" category!).

Speaking of Kali, she PROUDLY made her first butter this week "all by herself." I admit to be a bit surprised myself when she said, "it's all yellow in there." Sure enough, I did not shake her jar of cream even once. She wants to do it every week now. We'll see how long/if that lasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment