While she is highly interested in food, much of it goes in, gets mulled around, and then comes back out. But, let's just say that watching what is coming out the other end, it is clear she is getting some down! She likes to look at it first, explore it with her own hands (we are going to have another "me do myself" kid, I'm quite certain) and then put it in her mouth. And things with texture are particularly entertaining to watch her work with. Here's one of her first rice experiences:
Terah is definitely the child changing the fastest around her. If she has a "normal" day, her schedule most days currently consists of waking in the 6-7 a.m. range and lasting normally long enough for me to get the house picked up, dishes away, breakfast made, maybe laundry started, breakfast put away and dishes done before she is ready to crash. On days I'm with her she normally naps in my arms for 2-3 hours in the morning in the 9-12 range, and I've been using that time to do office work from home. Then on to lunch prep/cleanup and possibly a few household/farm projects that I can do lugging a squirmy 25lbs around with me, before she is due some more shut eye! She'll taken another 2 or so hour nap (she's in that one right now) on me, while I do another stint of work time (or today I'm devoting this nap to the blog). If those are good naps, she can normally hold herself together until bedtime (anywhere in the 8:30-10 p.m. range depending on our evening).
She's at such a distractable age - that has its advantages (we can hold her off for a bit when she wants/needs something by singing or dancing or giving her something to chew on) but also makes it impossible to nurse her if anyone is where she can see or hear them. And she doesn't want anyone to leave. Even if I'm holding her and Kali, Alida or Jason come in the room, she is almost certain to cry for them when they leave. It's very sweet - her desire to have all "her people" preferably within hair-grabbing range.
This fourth daughter of ours is not a gentle or quiet one. She is making sure her voice is heard and that her grasp is felt! I wonder if that might be why I've had a headache for the better part of this past week - if she can reach any of our heads, we are going to lose a few little handfuls of hair. She is also particularly fond of trying to remove Jason's beard! I know this stage won't last forever but I really don't think it is one I'll miss (but who knows, maybe I'll even be nostalgic about my hair-pulling baby!).
No comments:
Post a Comment