Some have been more momentous than others. Fritters day was the most fun as I experimented with four kinds of fritters for our breakfast with the kids' friends: spinach, corn, lemon ricotta and blueberry applesauce. We all had different favorites (which is better than all fighting over the same one). We all made a gift for someone on Sunday (appropriate holiday for early December) and yesterday I even modified my work outfit in order to pull my brown sandals out rather than black. Today was a bit of a stretch and I was very glad for the girls' creative thinking: they suggested we make something in our Ninja. So we'll soon enjoy hot drinks with chocolate ricotta mousse made in our Ninja!
The hike ended with yet another bad dog experience, for our middle daughter this time. It feels like despite our best efforts, we keep having run ins that feel like they set us back considerably - feels like one step forward and two steps back. We plan to take a step forward this Thursday as we have made an appointment to pay to play with puppies at a local place that breeds golden retrievers. Let's hope taking a good chunk out of the day for this outing is a worthwhile expenditure of time and money. I hope it can be a positive and fun experience for all, but especially our two youngest gals.
After the unfortunate dog experience, Terah (who we really needed to nap on our hike prior to an afternoon music concert) was wide awake. So I was feeling upset and concerned that we might take a napless child to a concert in which children were not to make any noise (except those singing). I walked ahead of the rest of the family and at one point Terah wanted to hold my hand and then she started singing and singing. It was cute, very cute, BUT she was supposed to be sleeping. Here's a clip - taking just a few minutes before sleep overtook her. Phew!
No comments:
Post a Comment