Saturday, December 18, 2021

How could I have forgotten???

It seems nearly impossible that I just wrote a blog post about the last 10 days and did not mention what I did from December 10-12. It's now after midnight and I was trying to clean out a few emails when I saw the photos my dear friend had taken of our time together. I did not take a single photo and the time was so outside how my days/weeks (shall I say years??) normally are that in the moment of recounting the last stint of life, I spaced completely! I could come up with a grander excuse about how the time was so sacred and special that it deserved a post all of its own. While that may be true in some respects, it would also not be honest. I forgot and the pictures took me back to that glorious time away from time...

W and I both have 3 kids, our families are both unschooling, we are attempting various ways of living close to land and soil and the sources of our sustenance, and have been kindred spirits since college days. AND we have not had a full uninterrupted conversation of any length of time since we have been outnumbered by our children. Now that neither of us are pregnant or nursing, there was nothing keeping us from a little getaway together, and get away we did (very grateful for supportive husbands who had very different weekends from us)! While this trip was a birthday outing, the weekend was most definitely a gift for both of us. 

And, lest you be worried that this will be another long blog post, I can summarize our time very succinctly: we talked, talked, talked, talked, ate, talked, talked, talked, talked, slept, talked, talked, talked, ate, talked, talked, talked, went for a walk in the rain, talked, talked, talked, ate, talked, played a game, talked, talked, slept, talked, talked, talked, talked, ate, talked, talked, and talked our whole way back to Keezletown. While that may beg the question, "What did you talk about for 2 days straight?," the content is not for public consumption. 

While we have both enjoyed other getaways with friends here and there, and I've certainly had some other really special weekends with dear people at the Mountain House, we both noted we hadn't done something quite like this since college days - frankly, I'm not sure if I ever did the laying in bed until 11:45 a.m. part even then. And we definitely hope to not wait that long to do it again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment