Thursday, September 1, 2016

September has arrived!

Ok, this is going to be the fastest blog post ever! The girls have returned from a fun-filled date night with Aunt Emily (maybe one of or the last before their little cousin makes her grand debut), it's after 10 p.m. and if the baby catches sight of me this will be all over!

But I did upload two Terah videos this afternoon that some might wish for me to not delay in sharing. Terah and I were walking up the front walk this afternoon when she halted and make her little sound that means "I want that." A clover plant was leaning over onto the walk and she wanted to inspect it. I had the camera. Here is the result:



Earlier, Alida was running our little wooden parrot across the front room floor and Terah was finding it really funny. She would make her sound for "do it again" anytime Alida came back. For some reason she got a little scared of it right when I decided to tape her laughing. Silly baby!



Today being September 1 means I was out and about with the camera taking our monthly property photos and our family picture. I told Jason how much I like that ritual in part because it means at least one time a month I go around our property and look at things! It's fun to notice the things growing, to almost walk into a huge spiderweb with a huge colorful spider, to hear a hummingbird and watch it fly from spice garden to kitchen garden, to notice the colorful flowers...

So here's a few of the things I enjoyed observing today:
These guys are growing! Jason's September book will be one on hog butchering!
The autumn olive berries are getting ripe. 
This was a beautiful caterpillar (note the small one of the same kind on the far left of the leaf. They were making some headway demolishing this leaf!
I love having some Sweet Norita tomato plants in Nora's garden and one on the front walk.
These chickens clearly thought the grass was greener on the other side...
Potatoes are dug! Terah wanted to help!
This pair is about the sweetest around!
She LOVES to share her food - normally once it has been smashed, chewed or otherwise slobbered on!
The cactus really like the wall by Mom and Dad's place. And I really like them there.
Just for pretty!
I have made it to September 1 in large part because my parents have been upstairs providing support, encouragement, extra sets of hands, etc... Here's Mom's helping with corn and Alida is taste testing.
Kali continues to be my right hand gal a good part of the day - still asking many times a day how she can be helpful (only agreeing to play a game with Alida once she is sure I don't need her help elsewhere - Alida would like her to prioritize things a bit differently sometime, though it is clearly wearing off on Alida as she often comes asking the same thing now). 
Here was our other taste tester. She liked to put the end in her mouth and try to walk around with the cob hanging out. She was a mess when all was said and done, but that is nothing new!
Two musicians concentrating, providing some after dinner entertainment!
So does anyone else gets LOTS of Nielsen surveys with money enclosed. We have made at least $30 so far letting them know we don't have any TV's and we don't listen to the radio much either. We keep getting them over and over again. You would think they would nix us from their list at some point...
Terah and I visited the littlest chicks and mama hen today. She would have stood there watching all day I think. She was entranced.
Ok, there is much more I could say but as the minutes tick by it is bound to be less and less coherent. I'm tired to the bone! But the evenings are getting cooler, new students are oriented, the cucumbers are over, the beans will follow shortly and the tomatoes are steady but not overwhelming at this point. I love fall for so many reasons and this year is no different...

No comments:

Post a Comment