Alida and Terah were so excited and no warm up time was needed. When we sat down for our first meal together around our table, I commented how it was strange for something to feel so foreign and also so familiar. It had been nearly two years since our last indoor meal together.
It would be hard to name ONE highlight of the weekend, but I soaked up being kicked by our new little neighbor who will join us on the outside soon. That along with birth and baby conversations was rather thrilling!!That little one even got to go on their first sledding run. It felt so good to get out in the snow and ditch the computer for a spell!!!
While sledding, we discovered a lovely shelf of oyster mushrooms frozen on a tree. Good timing as they were sautéed up and added to some of the quiches for dinner. I'm always excited about wild harvests, and was glad others enjoyed them. :)It was really special to have them in our home again, but I probably savored even more being in their cozy welcoming space. Between the wood fire and Lilly curling up on my lap, I didn't last in an upright position for the entirety of the day. It felt so luxurious to doze off with happy sounds all around me. There was a lot of bonding with both cat and baby happening for much of the day!
And music playing and story reading and silly business, ending with a movie night before calling it a day!
It went way too fast! But it's reassuring to know that we aren't going anywhere and they aren't going anywhere. So here's to many more such times in our future!
No comments:
Post a Comment